Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lions, and Tigers and Bears! HOLY SNAP!

So this story is a few days overdue and a new post is a few months overdue but it's a good story so here it goes. Last week i had parked in the stake center parking lot across from UVU and was walking to school, those of you that are familiar with UVU campus know that there is Farmland right next to the Institute parking, so usually when i come to school at 7 am i get out of my car in the shivering cold to meet the rooster doing his wake up call or to the settle rustling of horses moving around, but this day was quite different. So like I was saying I was walking along the fence of this farmland when I see this huge round black thing, at first i think nothing of it but then i look again and it moves and turns it head toward me and no joke there was a Big Black Bear Seriously! A living breathing Tyler eating Bear 12 ft away from me. So what do I do, I freeze and turn sideways and start moving very slowly along the fence trying not to make any sudden movement. Imagine what the people across the street where thinking "Why is that guy walking like he is doing an Egyptian dance along the sidewalk?" or "OOOOOhhhhh Expressive dance! can i join too?" As I'm scooting or rather sliding down the sidewalk and farther away from this bear it turns it's head a little more toward me and that's when i thought "Well here it comes, It's been a good life" I see a bright yellow tag dangle from it's left ear and then I get a really good look at it's nose and realize that this bear is nothing more than a Black Cow enjoying some weeds in an empty water bed.

2 comments:

thobeka said...

hey, so i came across your blog through Cyndi's... im no stalker. breathe. but i've just read this post & can't stop laughing! insane.
cheers!

Cyndi said...

That is so funny!

I can only imagine how freaked out I would be. I'm sure my heart would be pounding and my hands would be shaking. You are so brave.